Thursday, March 22, 2012

Another Day in the Life...

I have a habit of not writing if I don't have anything particular to say.  Today is one of those days, but I need to keep this blog going so here I am.  


I've been more exhausted than normal lately because Joshua is in this phase where he doesn't want to sleep past 3:30 or 5:00.  We're trying to figure out what's keeping him up but so far nothing has helped consistently.  To make matters worse, last night he would have slept the whole night through except he woke up crying and dry heaving.  He did that off and on for about two and a half hours, finally was able to get some sleep, and then woke up this morning perfectly fine.  So that makes four days he's missed ABA in two weeks.  I don't like interrupting his routine, but he doesn't seem to mind an extra day at home here and there.


Caleb has been in rare form and is into everything, even more than usual.  He climbs everything, and has consequently learned how to get out of his crib.  It looks like we'll be switching him to a toddler bed soon and I'm not thrilled about it.  My baby will officially not be a baby anymore.  He's also trying to talk more and more and I have to admit I am loving that.  Even if it means he is climbing the kitchen cabinets screaming, "Bubbles!  Bubbles!" about fifty times a day.


I mentioned Bobby and I are going on a fishing trip in May and I am beginning to have mixed feelings.  I'm very excited because we have never been on a trip away together for this long or this far from home (we've been parents for a big chunk of our relationship), but I'm also dreading leaving the boys for that long.  My Momma-in-law is keeping them at our house so she can get Joshua to therapy and that makes me as comfortable as I could possibly be about it, but like I said, we've never been away from them for that long.  Not to mention I have a feeling our phones won't work once we're out in the Gulf.  So right now I'm working on being excited and pushing down the panicky feelings.  I might need to go on a Gander Mountain raid to get me in the mood.  I'm probably about due for a new rod and reel anyway.  And I think I probably need some Costas too.  Right, baby? ;)


Anyway, things have been pretty standard around here lately.  Last weekend my Girls-Night-Out girls came and spent the day with me which was awesome.  In the beginning we did GNO every two weeks.  Eventually we started moving the day around to accommodate schedules and started going longer in between get-togethers.  Since I've moved so far away they've been almost non-existent so I really loved getting to see everyone.  And one of my most favorite people ever came and baby-sat for me and stayed the night so that was just the cherry on top of a great couple of days.  I need social interaction and it's something I've had to mostly learn to do without since we moved away from all of our friends and family, so whenever I get to talk to an adult face to face I try and soak it up like I'm a camel storing up water for the next long walk through the desert.


Nothing much else to say except we had a huge thunderstorm come through Tuesday, and the sun has come out today with just as much force as the rain.  A nice little metaphor to fit my expectancy for life right now.



1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel about going away and leaving the babies. I say keep pushing that panic feeling away because I bet you guys will have a blast and so will the boys with your Mother-In-Law. :) And Girl's Night?! FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete