- Today the phrase, "Oh, look at that good-lookin' poop!" came out of my mouth. I giggled and considered how strange that might sound if someone happened to be ear-hustlin' (my friend's phrase for eavesdropping that I've stolen) my conversations with my four year old.
- Today Joshua "kissed" me. He hasn't done this in weeks. And yesterday (yeah I know I'm cheating) he chose between two movies by pointing/tapping the one he wanted. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal but for him it is. He pulls us to things he wants and even brings things to us, but he has never pointed at anything. This time, he was holding three (he likes to play in the DVDs) and I grabbed one and asked him if he wanted to watch it and then he tapped one in his lap. It's small, but it lifted me up a little.
- Today I cooked chicken parmesan for dinner for about the fourth time and still overcooked the chicken. I'm always so scared it's going to be raw in the middle that I leave it in too long.
- Today I shaved my legs. Yep, that's headline news around here.
- Today I got to drive to the store after Bobby got home and it's been so long since I was out in public, I felt like I was on vacation. I might be making a trip out to Hardin to see my Happy Murphy soon.
- Today I realized that Jessie May McGillicuddy is going to be in Texas tomorrow! And then I peed my pants. Not really. But I was THAT excited.
- Today I had a revelation while reading Matthew. It's probably one of those things that is only a revelation to me, but it felt like a light got flicked on and I saw something new in a place I'd been a hundred times. It reminded me that the Word is living and always speaking, and how badly I need it every day.
- Today (Ok, this is the serious bullet) I found out that Canada has laws for infanticide like they do abortion. They have almost no restrictions on abortions, so if someone wants one they can very easily get one. But if they don't, they can almost just as easily kill the baby and, by merely citing some form of distress over having a child, they can literally get away with it with zero jail time. To this day, only one case of infanticide in Canada has resulted in jail time. I cried. I wanted to vomit. And I begged God for mercy and for this nation to realize that this is the next step after free-for-all abortion laws. This isn't some communist, dictator-run country. This isn't a developing, poor country. This isn't some tribe out in the bush of Africa. This is Canada, one of the countries we consider to be most like us. I am honestly still so distraught over it, I just want to curl up into a ball and weep. The injustice is heart-breaking.
- Today I looked at myself and praised God for the privilege to come boldly to the throne of grace. And remembered that it's His mercy alone that covers all my crap.
"The saying is sure and true and worthy of full and universal acceptance, that Christ Jesus (the Messiah) came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am foremost." 1Timothy 1:15 AMP
Awesome AGAIN
ReplyDelete"it's His mercy alone that covers all my crap" - well said. :)
ReplyDeleteLove this! GO Joshua!! That's HUGE! Also I shaved my legs yesterday...and felt like a princess.
ReplyDeleteI did not know that about Canada. Heartbreaking.