So as I'm sitting here winding down from this uneventful day, I find myself utterly jubilant over what tomorrow brings...wait for it...NFL Football! That's right, people! Tomorrow will mark the very first game of the regular season of 2011 and I cannot wait. Then Saturday is week two of NCAA Football which I am also THRILLED about because we missed the first week of Longhorn football due to a bureaucratic oversight which is too much of a rant for me to go into now. And then Sunday and Monday bring more NFL and right in the middle of all of it is the best part...Fantasy Football. Yes, I play Fantasy Football. And I have to say I have done pretty well for only having two seasons under my belt before this one. If you are not a football fan, you really should consider becoming one. In recent polls it's become the new favorite past time of America (over baseball), and if it hadn't began so long ago, you would think it was made for television. I grew up watching it, but didn't become as die hard as I am now until I met Bobby. He reintroduced me to the NFL, introduced me for the first time to College (which I would choose over the NFL if I had to now), and filled in the holes on rules and whatnot. One thing about football...it is probably one of the most complicated of sports. But man oh man, if you ever get that first taste...it's like sports meth. I'm convinced that's why it has the shortest season of any other sport. If it was as long as baseball or basketball, they would have to have football rehab. People would be quitting their jobs, and neglecting their children over being able to see the next game. It's that addicting.
Suffice it to say, I love football. If you are a female who has a boyfriend or husband who loves it as well, I encourage you to make an attempt to enjoy it also. Especially if this is the beginning of your relationship. I honestly don't know how this would have worked if I adamantly hated and protested watching football. It actually might not have. It really has become one of our favorite things we do together. I was reading a piece of another blog a while back where a girl was beginning to try and break down the game for other women who wanted to watch it with their men, but couldn't understand it. I might attempt to do that if enough of you are interested?? I might do it even if you aren't. Ya know why? Because I love talking about football that much (in case you haven't already noticed).
I think I might make this a regular thing here (not the football, I've moved on...geez, keep up). I'll write once a week or so about something I love. Which reminds me, I apologize for the emptiness of my blog thus far. I do realize it's basically just my ramblings and nothing else. I would like to have different links for various references and some general design and prettiness, but I am very nearly computer illiterate. So if any of you would like to offer up your services, I would be extremely grateful. Um, your Graphic Design services, I mean. Also, I am just learning about how to store pictures and videos and that sort of thing so please bear with me.
So... anyone else ready for some football??
Eccl 5:20
For he shall not much remember [seriously] the days of his life, because God [Himself] answers and corresponds to the joy of his heart [the tranquillity of God is mirrored in him].
AMP
No comments:
Post a Comment