Sunday, July 21, 2013

Crappy Friday...Not So Crappy Weekend

Friday was pretty much one for the record books. If this particular record book is one that documents days that produce the highest amounts of hellishness, that is.
The five year old didn't sleep. At all. From 1:30 a.m. on, anyway. When it was time to get him ready for school, I discovered he was running a low grade fever. A few hours later I am attacked by what can only be described as invisible gut-squishing hands. There really aren't words to describe how painful it was. Well, there are...but they're more graphic than I'm comfortable with using at the moment. So while he and I are laid up in my bed looking and feeling like death, the chipper three year old is running around the house like he just won the lottery, ate ten pounds of sugar, and did some crack. He is basically ransacking the house and I'm letting him because, well, death.

Then I had to do the bills, y'all.
And Joshua peed in my bed right before I got in it.
Like I said, hellishness.

Saturday was better. Joshua still hadn't recovered, but then I remembered that sometimes with the CEASE therapy they can develop a fever. So I got some Ferrum Phos. in him (Homeopathy FTW!) and stuck him in an Epsom salt bath and within an hour or so the fever was finally gone. Now it's Sunday and he is eating and acting more like his regular self, which I love. That boy has the sweetest smile, so seeing him sickly and sad is pretty heart breaking, even if it is something minor.

This weekend overall was pretty laid back. I mean, once I got passed the whole thinking I was dying part of Friday. We kept the boys occupied and alive and just hung around the house. I had a month or so where I was busy and gone a lot so it has been awesome to just be at home with all of my boys. Plus, Bobby smoked some chicken for me today and good food always makes everything seem better.

One of Joshua's therapists had some really encouraging words for me last week so I am going into this week with extra faith and expectation. Buddy is coming to visit, and next weekend the Man and I are getting our first date night in a very long time. Lots to look forward to in the next few days! Beginning with coffee in the morning!

I'm not the only one who gets excited about that, right?


"But this I recall and therefore have I hope and expectation: It is because of the Lord's mercy and loving-kindness that we are not consumed, because His [tender] compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great and abundant is Your stability and faithfulness."
Lamentations 3:21-23 AMP

1 comment:

  1. Your sense of humor is impeccable. Friday sounds like the worst and I wish I was there to have helped. Glad you're not dead though. :)

    ReplyDelete